A Grain of Sand

"I will multiply you as the stars in heaven and as the sand upon the shore." - Genesis 22:17

"I can see the master's hand in every leaf that trembles, in every grain of sand." - Dylan, Every Grain of Sand (on Shot of Love)

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Time Out For Fun - Late to the Lennon Tribute Edition

I haven't done a "Time Out for Fun" in a bit, and I'm late on observing the anniversary of Lennon's death (12/8/80), but here it is. What can you even say in remembering John Lennon? Any one song is ludicrously insufficient to capture his impact on music; and even all of his music posted simultaneously wouldn't get as his cultural impact. In any event, "I Dig A Pony," a great and underrated Lennon tune. A bit of a throwaway for him, I'm sure, but a great tune:

1 comment:

  1. Great choice! I was just there actually, the location in the video in London. So many people over the years have visited and written little notes on the white door to Apple Records - a great legacy they've left us with.

    ReplyDelete